Total Pageviews

Friday, February 20, 2015

Goal Met

On January 2, I posted my goals for this year.  

One was to plan a family vacation.  Somewhere beachy.  

Well I did and we are going somewhere beachy but not just beachy.  

We are going on a cruise. 

Thanks to my sister's encouragement of how wonderful they are 
and a impeccably timed Facebook post by KMOV 
we are going on a cruise to the Bahamas. 

All four of us. 
We have been married 10 years this fall. 
Never had a honeymoon.
We have never done a family vacation 
aside from a group vacation to Holiday World 
and frequent Chicago visits which I don't count 
because that is a 2nd home to me. 

Ryan has done GenCon, 
I have done girls' trips to Nashville, Chicago, and a float trip. 

We need a family vacation.  

So yes, I suppose we could ditch the kids and go just us.  
A lot of people have asked why we are taking the kids.  
Because...that's pretty much it.  Just because.  
Because nothing beats seeing your kids excitement of doing something new. 
Because nothing beats getting away from it all with your entire family. 
Because our kids are at a "perfect" age to remember and enjoy this trip.
Because NOW is the time to enjoy our kids.
Because later we can go on a trip just the two of us. 
Because this just seems like we would enjoy it more.
Because I don't want to regret not taking them. 
Because I don't want to miss them. 
Because I don't want to think, ahh Serena would have liked this
or Xander would have enjoyed that. 
We could go just the two of us but what's the point.

We will still get alone time. 
We will get family time. 
We will have fun and they will have fun.  


No comments:

Post a Comment