Total Pageviews

Friday, August 7, 2015

Why do I Relay

329
That's a big number.

333
That's an even bigger number.

What do these numbers mean?  Well it's been 329 days since we lost my dad.  333 days since I last got to see him.

Here's some more numbers.

45,750
That's how many Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer this year.

8,650
That's how many will die this year from oral cancer.

57
Not only is that the year my dad was born and how old he was when he died.  It's also the percentage of American's who survive oral cancer for 5 years.

566
That's how many days from the date of my dad's diagnosis until the day he left us.

2,500
That is Serena's goal for this year.

1,977.54
is where we currently are.

8/7/15
That's today's date.  Clinton County Relay is tonight.

6
That's what time you can see survivors make that victorious lap.

9
is when the luminaria ceremony is.

Come join us.  Donate to our team if you wish.  Walk for someone you know.  Remember everyone who battles.

1 comment:

  1. Jim was my cousin. I was one of the 3 born in 1957. I'm sorry to find out about your loss. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete