Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Sister Weekend Recap

First, I realized I never came here and gave my review on the sister's weekend festivities.  First, the Toy and Game Fair was eh.  Okay probably at best.  Glad it was a groupon and we didn't pay full price.  Saw some new toys but mainly ones that were already popular and known.  And now my son wants Hexbugs (remote control ones) added to his list and he tested positive for Flu within a day of being at the germ fest, I mean toy fair (not smart planning on this mom's part).  Oops.

The hotel we stayed at was AMAZING.  We stayed at the Millennium Knickerbocker hotel (hotwire deal) and for being a very nice hotel and more upscale than the holiday inns I typically go for, EVERYBODY was very nice and welcoming to the kids from the bell hop, to concierge and front desk.  They were so accommodating and just nice.  So I do recommend them.

The parade was great again.  However, PSA to parents.  If YOU wants YOUR kid to have a front row seat then YOU need to stand out there an hour before and get them a good visual.  It's not my responsibility to make sure your kid can see the parade.  Now before people get their panties in a twist, I am all for kids getting to see the parade.  However, when I stand out there with my kids for an hour beforehand and you walk up 10 min or even 30 min before, it's not my job to make sure your kid can see.  Don't tell me it's for the kids and it's all about the kids.  I know.  I was here an hour early to make sure my kids can see.  The last time we waited over an hour for the same spot, we were nice and let a kid come up and then that kid's mother felt the need to invite every kid up and my kids were squished out of their front row seats.  So I apologize that your kid cannot see.  However I mad sure my kid could see.

We ended up getting take out pizza from Lou Malnati's (by the way the one at State and Rush, the person who answered the phone needs an attitude adjustment--Rude!).  Had pizza, chips and Oreos (with milk) in our hotel room.  The kids played Disney Headbands and had fun.  So overall it was a great weekend.  Hope we get to do something like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment