Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Holy Batman...where has the year gone.

It is November.  
Usually by now I have done the whole thankful days.  
This year it has gotten away from me.  

We have had our share of ups and downs.

In the last year, Ryan had surgery.  
His gallbladder tried to explode.  
I had surgery (shocker huh). 
My gallbladder died.
because of a cyst (another shocker)

We've gained two nieces. 
One on my side and one on Ryan's side.

I changed jobs.  
This was the highlight of my year.  
I have more time at home.  
I had more time with my dad.  
I come home happy.  

Was captain of our first ever Relay for Life team. 
Had a successful fundraiser.  Raised over $600 at a skate party.
By the end of the Relay for Life, we raised nearly $2000. 
This was a good experience for Serena. 

I lost a parent.  
This was hard.  
Harder than I could ever imagine.  
Nothing can prepare you for that loss.  
I don't think it matters whether you get to see the person every day, every week or 
every month or whether they were there 100% of the time.  
It's still a relationship that is gone.  
I miss him more than I could have ever prepared myself.   

Passed my insurance producer's exam. 
This was hard.  
But I am glad that I pushed myself to get over this hurdle.  
I was so nervous the day of.  
Worried how stupid I would look if I failed the Life exam.  
I didn't want to fail either one but at least health is not something 
I have been doing for the last several months. 

The rest of the year is packed.  

I have 3 more Chicago trips planned.  
Festival of Lights and attending a Toy & Game Fair
Winter Wonderfest, Christkindl Market, Zoo Lights
Family time.  Fun times ahead. 




No comments:

Post a Comment