Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Goodbye 2014

It is Christmas Eve.  
One more week left of this year.
And I can honestly say I am ready for 2015.  

What has 2014 brought us:
Not one niece, but two adorable nieces to spoil.
I am godmother to one of those adorable nieces. 

I got to go to Nashville, TN with some of the best friends a girl could ask for.
I went to Nauvoo for Halloween.
I went to Chicago 15 times this year.  
3 long weekends with the family.  Countless trips alone.  A few with both kids.  
Twice without Xander and once without Serena.  
We saw the Mag Mile parade of lights. 
Celebrated Serena's 13th birthday there. 
I got to be there for my dad's birthday
Not to mention being able to be there every weekend before he passed for a month
I got to see my Naylor family a lot this year and I hope that continues.
I spent a couple weekends with the Harmans.

My dad lost his battle to his cancer.  
He fought hard but it really was his time to go.  
His battle lasted 18 months and a few weeks. 
He had countless surgeries.
Had a trach, a feeding tube and no tongue. 
His communication was down to a red and black dry erase marker with a white board.
Along with hand gestures (some good some bad), clapping and smacking things.
I miss him but glad his suffering is over.

Melanie introduced me to Zumba.
I liked it but quit going. 
I joined the gym and don't go near as much as I should
I have lost 8 pounds and 10 inches in 2 months.
I had another surgery this year because my gallbladder died and was becoming necrotic. 
I am one year post hysterectomy which I wouldn't change for anything. 
Except, I am now on Estrogen (weaning off).
I am Vitamin D deficient and on a weekly supplement
I have signs of osteoporosis
I take a multivitamin for women 50+
I take a Vitamin B complex 
So my hysterectomy solved one problem but I picked up a few more. 

I started a new job in May. 
Love it here.  
I am 6 blocks from home.
I also took my IL Producers test for Life and Health insurance
and passed.

We now have a kindergartner and 7th grader. 
Xander is still full of spunk.
Serena has changed so much over the last year.  
Really over the last six months. 
We are very proud of her.
Serena raised over $2000 for Relay for Life.
Our fundraiser this year (mark your calendars) is March 14th.
We are doing a quarter auction.  

Merry Christmas!
And Happy New Year.
Here's to a better 2015. 




No comments:

Post a Comment