Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

mother in laws

So i have seen a lot of posts, memes posted lately poking fun or complaining about mother in laws.  It makes me sad to see this.  But count your blessings.  You have one.  Yes she may drive you crazy, but you have one.  Yes she may be opinionated, but you have one. Yes she tries to tell you how to raise your children, but you have one.  Yes she says I would never do it that way, but you have one.  You have a mother in law.  Appreciate it.

I don't have a mother in law.  I do but she's not here and hasn't been since before we got married.  She only got to meet 3 of her 7 grandchildren.  Only 2 of those 7 have any recollection of meeting her.  She has a husband, 4 sons and tons of siblings, nieces, nephews, inlaws that all miss her terribly.  Especially around the holidays.

So be grateful for your nagging mother in law.  Some of us don't have one and our husbands, kids and ourselves are missing out on a wonderful lady.  Some days I would give anything to have her tell me I am doing something the wrong way because that would mean my husband didn't lose his mother to cancer and my  kids would know their grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment