Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Nothing but time

 Since we are trying not to do too much other than work, grocery shopping and the occasional meal out I have a lot of time to study for my series 7.  I am actually following the plan set out by Kaplan and doing their calendar.  By the schedule, I have set out for myself (starting today and ending October 12th).  I only need to devote about 1 hour and 49 minutes a day.  So for two hours.  That is doable.  On weekends it allows me to have time for family but I can also do more if I know I have a hectic week coming up and weekdays I can easily devote two hours a night after work and dinner.  

I have lost count on how many times I attempted this test.  To be honest it is an alarmingly high amount of attempts.  I was completing my bachelor's degree for most of those attempts and I do not recommend doing that.  I was forced into a 6 month sabbatical after my last attempt.  My window opened up in August and is close in December.  

My plan is to finish the materials using the calendar method in Kaplan's website.  I will finish my materials on October 12th.  Take an online class the 13-15th and test on the 28th.  If I fail, I will have between November 29th and December 31st to retake it.  That is when my Kaplan materials expire.  When I finish this round, I will have my Series 66 to take.  

My goal is to finish my Series 7 by the end of the year.  Completely doable right?  I mean I cannot do anything else so...

edited:  by time this posts, I will have 5 days down...I wrote this on day 1 (Sunday).  


No comments:

Post a Comment