Total Pageviews

Friday, January 4, 2013

Games, Games, Games

We have decided to start playing more games as a family.  Just in the last two months we have gotten Connect 4, Chutes and Ladders, Clue, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Uno (jack skellington), Jenga, and Can you Name 5?.  Oh and our newest purchase of Munchkin Booty (as in pirates...get your minds out of the gutter).  I said FAMILY game night. 
I highly recommend Munchkin Booty.  Its a card game and we got ours at a comic shop.  Look it up online.  I didn't want to like it and actually really enjoyed playing it.  Go figure.. I thought it was going to be some silly game that only my husband would have interest in and maybe our daughter.  Our son loves it just because it has a pirate reference.  Doesn't take much to please that kid. 
Anyway, back to family time.  Our kids love games.  I think S's favorite is Clue right now and X's favorite is Sorry.  He LOVES that game.  He is a bossy game player though.  He gets to choose what color everyone is.  And he is ALWAYS red, which is funny because that is my favorite color and I what I would always choose.  Earlier this week we were playing Life and I kept trying to move the red car (X) on my turn.  Ryan kept correcting me saying that's X......well sorry for years I have been red until my 3 year old came and decided to run the show.  :)
Speaking of Life, I am happy to report, every time we play X chooses to go to college (not sure he knows what that is at this point) but I think he has learned if he goes to college he gets to pick two random jobs then pick from those two jobs (after he has seen them).  Whereas if you don't go to college you get to pick one random card and that is what you are stuck with.  Our most recent life venture both kids choose college.  X became an accountant and S became a Vet.  Both lost their jobs and X became an athlete...he was excited.  S drew police officer.  She was disappointed (sorry Uncle Scott, she's not following in your foot steps)....so disappointed that she was excited when she lost her job again, and got to choose a new card.  She put police office back.  Ryan shuffled and she choose police officer again.  ha.  she was not happy.  oh well...such is LIFE right?
Until my next ramblings....

No comments:

Post a Comment