Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year, new thoughts...

So I am going to try this blogging thing for the bazillionth try....I have started, stopped and deleted so many blogs because I get bored with it.  Then today came to the realization that a lot of what I think about posting on facebook would probably be better suited for a blog.  So here it goes again.  Should we take wagers on how long it will be before I give up on blogging.  Nah.....
 
So, like everyone else, I have been reflecting on the past year and what 2013 will bring.  This last year has been a pretty busy and memorable year. 
 
This last year, and its sad I can say this, we went out four times by ourselves.  In January for our friend's dart tournament, May to see Avengers with another couple, July to see Batman with another couple (same couple) and to his work Christmas party in December.  Pathetic, I know.  This is something I kind of want to improve in 2013.  Don't get me wrong...we love to stay home with our kids...however, sometimes I think maybe a night out just the two of us might be much needed and well deserved.  Doesn't have to be extravagant.  Who knows maybe with Highland opening their theater again, we will venture to more movies. 
 
What else did 2012 bring?
-My first comedy show (David Collier, Joey from Full House)
-6 movies in the theater (The Vow, Avengers, Lucky One, Batman, Hope Springs, and Wreck It Ralph)
-2 ER visits (X with croup and S with broken foot)
-1 outpatient surgery (wait for it....it WASN'T me this time)-S's tonsils and adenoids were removed and we can honestly tell a huge difference.  Thank you CGCH and Dr. E. 
-7 mini vacations (Chicago, no kids, no hubby, just friends in March, Chicago, whole family in May, Girl scout camp with S in June, Chicago, just me (by PLANE) in July, Canton, with Aunt Sandy in September, Canton with aunt, mom and cousins, plus my kids in September, Chicago with the kiddos in November)
-1 day trip with S to Springfield for Girl Scouts
-S got to go to Girl Scout camp for a week (overnight, few hours away)
-S stayed in Chicago for ten days with my dad and stepmom without me hovering
-X started his school career.  He is now a pre-ker.
-X moved from my mom's daycare to a daycare center which was a huge but needed (school districts) transition and he has won over all the teachers at daycare.
-3 zoo trips (hope to go more in 2013, this summer was TOO hot)
-S ran her 2nd 5k (1st one in Chicago)
-we got a Keurig (yes that's big to me)
-my laptop died and it was replaced---trying this whole windows 8 thing
-S and I both joined the ereading world with a Kindle and a Nook
-S joined band and loves it.
-making new friends 
-enjoyed a few nights out to see my favorite band just about every time they came to Breese...I think I was borderline becoming a groupie....and dragging Kris down with me.
 
Goals for 2013:
-Lose weight.
-More specifically fit into a size smaller bridesmaid dress for brother's wedding
-go to Nauvoo to visit the H family
-Go to Festival of Lights as a family in November
-Go somewhere fun for vacation, nothing extravagant like Disney.  Just a family vacation.
-start a regular exercise program, either walking at night (even with hot or cold) or just doing SOMETHING that gets me moving (to help with first goal)
-cut down on ski. 
-have family fun day/night once a week
-have more date nights with hubby.
-see my parents more than just holidays
-get more organized
-actually try at least 5 recipes from pinterest (I pin but don't always follow through so that pinterest is not just another online time waster, I want to actually do some of the stuff I pin)
-actually try at least 5 crafts or projects from pinterest (see above)
-remember to bring my lunch to work (I suck at this)
-get up earlier again.  I kind of been slacking and have no motivation in the a.m.
-don't be so negative. 
-keep up with our online shutterfly family site. 
-spend less time on the phone (calls and texting)
-spend less time on the computer doing random useless things (when there is plenty to do around the house or with the kids)
-want to get together with the Naylors at some point
-go to Vegas just because, just for fun (this may not become reality but we'll see...you never know)
-stop trying to please everyone.  I always end up with the short straw when I do.
-get in shape and do some 5ks with S
-go to zoo 6 times.

Looking forward to:
Derrek's wedding
hopefully some trips if they happen, even if small ones
new memories with my family...however those are made. 
 
 
I am sure there are more but this is a good start.  Laugh all you want but I am hoping if it put it in black and white, maybe...just maybe I will try to follow through.  Maybe....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment