Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 26, 2013

random thoughts

I hate being off this long.  I am bored.  I hate using cal days for this.  And it bothers me that despite knowing this was warranted, It was not a frivolous break from work....1 ER visit, 2 doc visits, 2 vicodin prescriptions, 1 lortab prescription and an antibiotic, 2 incisions, 2 cysts, 1 CT scan, 1 ultrasound, 2 IVs,  and nearly 14 days later....out of all of that what bothers me the most is what people think about me and what people think about me missing this much time from work and how much it has affected my coworkers.  That is what bothers me.  What kind of person does that make me? I know i shouldn't be so concerned what they think.  I didn't plan this.  I have no control over this and I am not sure what else I could have done to prevent it.  But in the end, I hate that I know this has been a burden on them.
Before anyone comments, I shouldn't care let me explain.  We work for a big firm in a regional office.  Due to budget constraints, we are down to four secretaries and an office manager to support our attorneys.  We are busy when all four of us are there.  We are slammed when one person is out a day at a time.  So when someone misses over two weeks (unplanned) I know unfortunately it hits the entire office...hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment