Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 30, 2014

~~Narcolepsy~~

Three months ago, I had no idea what exactly narcolepsy was.  It's nothing like what I had initially thought it would be which seems to be a big misunderstanding.  I never even knew up until probably October that my aunt and cousins all suffer from narcolepsy.  So since then, I have become interested in learning more.  It's not only because I exhibit some symptoms and plan to be tested, but I also read up on it in support of my family.

My cousin went to a Narcolepsy convention in Georgia this last Fall and met a narcolepsy advocate.  I have never met her but it's amazing to see how much she works for this cause.  To get it known by all.  To get people to understand people with narcolepsy are not alone.  To get people to understand that narcolepsy is real.  It's a real condition.  It's life altering.  It affects many.  She started a Narcolepsy Not Alone campaign asking people to submit photos.  She has collected 858 photos as of Jan 1.  One of those photos represents my cousins and aunt.  The photos submitted are just a small portion of the people affected by this.

Learn more about narcolepsy on Julie Flygare's website.  It's filled with tons of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment