Total Pageviews

Friday, January 3, 2014

Those Moments

My post yesterday mentioned those moments we question where we went wrong.  Well our daughter on Christmas morning managed to lose all of her gifts from under the tree.  Not lose as in not know where they are.  Lose as in, lost the privilege of enjoying them.

She got a bottle of perfume that looked smaller than the one her godmother got her two years ago.  (just as a note it was the same fl. oz.  just sized differently).  after going back and forth a while of her trying to prove me wrong.  I asked what the big deal was.  Her response was (with attitude) it isn't going to last that long.  I was annoyed (understatement).  My husband sent her to bed.  She stormed upstairs (got in trouble for that too) and then sent back to bed.  The more I sat here the more annoyed I was with her reaction.  We did not raise our kids to be ungrateful and rude.  And she was just that.  So I put all of her gifts into a bag and set them in the office.  She had to earn them back by during various chores and helping with various things.  She eventually got them back and hopefully this will teach her to be respectful.

I know, I know.  This is just the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment