Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Positive Thoughts

So lately I have been negative and grumpy, and in a funk.  It's  combination of wanting a new job (and not pursuing anything because right now nothing particularly wrong with my job - I just don't want to work at a law firm forever), still trying to adjust to my post surgery issues (still doing much better than before but surgical menopause sucks!), worried about Ryan (he's still healing from his surgery and his bottom incision busted open the other night - yuck!), and just every day stresses that everyone has. 

So here are some positive thoughts for this cold Thursday:

1) My dad is doing pretty well all things considering - he's been through a lot and has a long road yet but I've gotten some good updates so I am thankful/happy for that.

2)  Our daughter did not make the volleyball team which she is okay with - she handled it well and decided volleyball just is not her thing.

3)  Our daughter has decided to focus on other things now.  She still loves band and is thinking about trying out for cheerleading.

4)  Our daughter is on honor roll, again, despite her issues in Math and Science.  She barely made it this quarter but she made it.  She has already brought those grades up and currently has all A's with 2 B's. 

5)  She also received a nomination for the United States Achievement Academy...not sure what exactly this is but it seems impressive. 

6)  Xander continues to be a ham every day.  He doesn't have as much going on academically but couldn't leave him out of my post.  He has such spunk and personlity and I cannot believe we will be registering him for kindergarten soon or that he will be 5 soon. 

7)  I am an aunt again to a beautiful little girl. 

8) I will be an aunt again in the next 3 weeks or so. 

9) Even on days I think are horrible/awful, Ryan still manages to make me smile and I feel bad because often he is on the receiving end of my incredibly horrible mood swings. 

10) And my grandma is moving back home.  This makes me happy.  I miss her tons.

So that's the good stuff/positive post.  That should make up for all of my negativity lately.  Also, yesterday someone made my day but that's their news to share so I won't go into detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment