Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

No motivation.......what.so.ever!!!

As most of you know, it took me til Dec. 14th/15th to get my tree up.  This is late compared to every other year prior where it is up the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  This year was different.  First we were in Chicago Thanksgiving weekend.  No big deal, right?  Just put it up during the week (I had the time, technically...).  Well I was on medical leave and not released to do much of anything until the Monday after Thanksgiving and then returned to work on Wednesday.  By time I got home in the evening, I was exhausted.  So then we were looking at putting it up Dec. 7th which ended up being the night of our 12 year old's birthday slumber party.  5 girls...which meant 10 legs and arms I had to worry about getting into the tree while they sleep. (Do you realize how much kids move in their sleep when they have an entire room...well enough to hear clattering of ornaments).  So we decided to wait til after the sleepover.  I wasn't home the day after the sleepover and the next day was her actual birthday which meant cake and ice cream with godparents and grandparents.  so we decided to let her have one birthday without a Christmas tree up.  So long story short...it finally went up Dec. 14th.

I told myself it would come down the weekend after Christmas but it kind of felt like a waste to put up for 2 weeks.  And we all ended up feeling like crud.  So I told myself Jan. 1 since we had the day off.  And it's still up.  So let's set a goal for this weekend.  We have nothing going on this weekend so hopefully it will happen.

This is not the only thing I am not motivated to do.  I am always tired!  Always!  I was like this pre-surgery and it's worse now.  I have asked about it and I am told it could take 6 months to a year to feel normal again.  At least the meds seem to be working which reminds me I forgot to take it today.  Crap.

Until my next rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment